Aria
Aria

4.8.11

Anna Louise

I am not the girl I am perceived to be

I am the girl who sings her heart out everyday
The one who is obsessed with friends, family, and pets
Who has a zest for life
Who loves to tell her experiences
Who take over 100 photos a day
Who loves lucy
Who dresses up, even if she is going to a movie with friends

I am the girl who grew up in Lake Oswego
The one who goes over to her neighbor’s house, just for a chat
Who doesn’t care if her window is left open, when she is singing, while working
Who loves to throw parties
Who used to hold imaginary craft camps in her garage
Who cut all her mom’s flowers, and sold them for the Hurricane Katrina fund

I am the girl who has many medical issues
The one who wears the beeping thing on her waistband
Who can’t eat Bread
Who is allergic to peanuts
Who tests her blood sugar, to avoid complications in her later life.

Photo Courtesy: Blue Lily
I am the girl who lives in strong family history
The one who loves her mom and dad
Who says “I love you” every night to her brother
Who looks forward to the smell of campfire at the annual family camping trip
Who calls her grandma, to ask if she can spend the night
Who is learning Swedish, to show her roots
Who has competitions, guessing her father’s heritage, each dinner









I am the one who is going to grow up strong
The one who aspires things no one else does
Who has dreams of singing opera
Who wants to be an obstetrician
Who fell in love with Washington D.C.
Who is going to marry
And live a long happy life








I am

No comments:

Post a Comment